Monday, November 3, 2008

October 08 Performance

The month of October was a good month for me. As usual, I underestimated the down move, thus I missed out a lot of profits. Options that I have closed are:
  • ACE Nov Put (++): From profit to loss to profit. What a roller coaster ride.
  • ALL Jan Put (6+): Good one! Almost nail the bottom.
  • AXB Dec Put (4+): Good one!
  • AXP Oct Put (-): As expiration nears, I dump this before the great move down! Duh!
  • AXP Jan Put (+++): This one is hard to play. So, I'm getting out.
  • AUY Oct Call (---): Believed that gold will go higher. Wanted to wait for it to go higher, but the believe didn't have enough time to work out. Expired worthless.
  • CB Oct Put (+): Glad to get out of this one with a really tiny profit.
  • COH Nov Put (++): Took profit too early.
  • CS Dec Put (6+): Good one! Almost nail the low.
  • DSX Dec Put (+++): Took an early profit for this.
  • EP Oct Call (---): What a believe! Believe that the world is craving for more energy, didn't let go due this believe, so got flattened!
  • GME Jan Put (++): Took profit due to the fear of a strong rebound.
  • JWN Oct Put(+): Glad to get out of this one without a loss.
  • KSS Oct Put (=): Just glad to get out without a loss for this one.
  • LM Nov Put (8+): Fantastic! Could have been better, but I'm satisfied.
  • LVS Dec Put (7+): Sold at mid-teens. Thought that that was the lowest it can get to. Boy was I wrong!
  • MDC Dec Put (++): Took an early profit.
  • MGM Nov Put (+++): Took profit while it was in the high teens.
  • MGM Dec Put (6+): Good one!
  • OSG Jan Put (4+): Good one!
  • PDCO Oct Put (+): Glad to get out of this one as it almost expired worthless.
  • RL Oct Put (--): Took a loss due to expiration date.
  • V Dec Put (7+): Fantastic! Almost near the low.
I guessed correctly the retailers direction, but my timing was all wrong. Thus, most of my retailers counters was lucky to go into the black.

No comments: