Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bailout Week

Finally the bailout has been passed! The bailout has made me nervous the whole week. As with everybody, I was expecting the market to rally when it is passed. It didn't happen (yet?).

My interpretations of selected sectors:
USA Longterm Midterm Shorterm
S&P500 Down Down Down
DJI Down Down Down
NasdaqComp Down Down Down
Natural Gas Down Down Down
Oil Down Down Down (-)
SecurityBroker Down Down Down
Bank Down Neutral Neutral (-)
Insurance Down Down Down
Housing Down Neutral (-) Neutral (-)
Shipping Down Down Down
Steel Down Down Down
Retail Down Down (-) Down
Biotech Neutral (-) Neutral Down
Airline Down Neutral Down (-)

I'm keenly watching the banking sector. Going to get some puts. Maybe increasing puts for retailers too. Everything is very oversold at the moment. So, I will be very cautious on any rebound.

No comments: