Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jun 08 Performance

Luck still with me. Still managed to read the trend change from up to down. Closed the following positions in the month of June:
  1. VLO put (--): Thought that oil will go lower, got fooled into cutting loss.
  2. EP call (++): Sold out my nearer term call, then opened a longer term call.
  3. MR call (++): Managed to get out at the top. This is the only one that I have perfect exit.
  4. QCOM call (+): Didn't get a good price, but I'm still satisfied with the return as it got really volatile during the trend change.
  5. HAL call (-): Cut loss on this one too as I thought that oil will get lower. Anyhow, I enter back a position later into the month.
  6. BAC put (++++): Cannot resist in taking profit. This is my best ever return so far. Still got 2/3 position left.
For the rest of my call ideas, it looks like they are going to expire worthless: CAT call, GLW call and SLT call. Luckily, the put ideas is enough to compensate for my loss.

A summary of my holdings:
  1. Calls: HAL, EP, STLD, CAT, GLW, SLT
  2. Puts: ANF, BAC, GES, JWN, LM, LVS, PDCO, PTR
I am still looking to get into a few financial and retail puts.

No comments: